Recently, in Help Desk, we've been working with Unity, a cross platform game engine. We started off doing the simple tutorials, to learn the basics of the program, and now we're onto more of a guideline on how to create a basic game with it. On their website, they have tutorials for more simplistic games, and a few for more complex games or generators. I chose the Tanks game tutorial, it comes with a lot of the game files, but you have to input them correctly to make the game function. I'm currently in the process of creating the tanks, making them controllable, and giving them health points, etc.. The slideshow/tutorial are pretty easy to follow, but generally I've been trying to do as much of it on my own as I can, and only using the tutorial when I get stuck.

This is what Unity looks like, and so far I've successfully created the playing area, and I'm in the process of making the Tanks.
The tutorials aren't really challenging to follow, they just take a bit of time to complete. The tanks tutorial is listed as intermediate on Unity's website, but it doesn't have that many steps to it, so I figured I'd try it out. 
The list of tutorials Unity has on their website: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Computer Science Education Week